Service Design Statement
Submitted by rouwlp on Sun, 07/08/2018 - 18:51
Service design statement: max 10-15 pages about ten Strategic Issues
- Service offering - description and justification of the service offering
- Service offering - output of the desired service design, outcome of the desired service design and how output relates to outcome.
- Customers and users - insight about motivations, needs and expectations (various actors involved in the target service are identified, their needs and responsibilities described).
- Managing delivery - how delivery of the service is to be managed and coordinated and any dependencies on support processes.
- Requirements for the service offering.
- Requirements for the complete service offering by all the stakeholders:
- Operational - insight into system requirements, functional requirements, transaction and external interfaces.
- Quality - attributes and features.
- Governance - insight and requirements of business strategy, business information and business rules.
- Requirements for orchestration (the requirements of the operating model).
- How providers will be able to deliver the needed service offering.
- Whether and to what extent the service offering complies with market standards and commercial off the shelf solutions (COTS) or if it is to be ‘custom made’.
- Insight into constraints and critical resources needed.
- Insight into the risks and understanding of countermeasures involved in managing risk.