Hoofdstuk 7 DID practitioner (manuscript)
When implementing BIM, most often the first question is where to begin. There are two sensible approaches you can choose: bottom-up or top down.
Basically you cover 5 steps
1. Step 1. Understand the business model : Understand the topic at hand, the position in relation to the DID drivers (i.e. where the topic impacts your business model) and the environment of the enterprise and the position in the lifecycle.
2. Step 2. Governance, strategy and business transformation: Think about governance and strategy and necessary business transformation by understanding how your organizational architecture (the operating model of your enterprise) and the consequences for topics and issues to be analyzed in conjunction with other strategic themes and choices.
3. Step 3. Identify capabilities needed: Understand the necessary capabilities and identify business mission fulfilment capabilities
4. Step 4. Present the business case: Present the business case for your project/plan and make sure a management decision can be made about your proposals
5. Step 5. Secure the transformation: Implement the plans for transformation and make sure the developed solution is both permanent and robust in operation.